Communication & Language and Phonics
Enjoy the story of ‘Monkey Puzzle’ together and then discuss the following questions:
1. Is the baby monkey a boy or a girl? How do you know?
2. Who helped the monkey find her Mummy?
3. Where did the monkey live?
4. Do you know any other stories by Julia Donaldson? (examples: The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo’s Child, Room on the Broom, Zog, Freddie and the Fairy, The Smartest Giant in Town, The Snail and the Whale, Superworm)
5. How would you describe your Mummy?
Communication and Language
Video Challenge: Learn the names of some different jungle animals in French with Miss Bagnall
Name play: Can you make up silly sentences based on the names of the people who live in your house? Silly sentences contain lots of words that start with the same letter. For example:
Jack jumps on jiggly jelly.
Fiona found a fine, fat frog.
Miss Bagnall blows big blue bubbles in the bath
Video Challenge: The grown-ups in Nursery have recorded some special messages for you but can you guess whose voice you can hear?