The number of scout leaders acquiring the bell-boat permit continues to grow and consequently more groups are asking to use the bell-boats situated at Cookley Sebright School. If you would like to make use of the bellboating facilities please follow the instructions below;
- Email the school direct to request date(s), times and number of boats required to Mrs Warrilow at email@example.com
2. With the email, please attach copies of permits for the helms, Risk Assessment and Insurance. (Updated the Risk Benefits Assessment for the bell-boating to include that part of the activity to and from the bell-boats is attached.)
3. In addition to the above, if your group (or any individuals within your group require a further risk assessment), please attach a copy to the email.
4. Andy Train will need to be cc’d into the email – Andy needs to know when the boats are being used and that the helms are suitably qualified firstname.lastname@example.org Mrs Warrilow will inform you, via email, if your requested date is available so that this can be entered onto the school calendar.
5. Parking – please make use of the school car park on Lea Lane. The school receives a number of complaints from local residents about groups parking inconsiderately.
6. Our key holders are members of school staff and are also qualified helms themselves. Opening the gates out of hours is at their discretion as they give of their time freely to enable groups to use the facilities.
We very much want to make the bell-boating accessible and affordable to all, whilst also appreciating that you are all giving up your time as volunteers for the benefit of the children. In that spirit, contributions would be welcome to put to the maintenance of the equipment etc. Contributions can be made to the school via the keyholders. (Cheques made payable to Cookley Sebright Primary School)