This week, we will be looking at the story of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
There are different ways that you can follow the text this week. If you have your own copy, you can either read it yourself or listen to somebody else read it to you. If you do not have a copy of the book then you can listen to it on the links that I will give you this week or turn the volume down and read it yourself on the link.
Read or listen to Chapters 1 and 2.
(parents, please check links before use)
Plan a character description of Charlie Bucket. Draw a picture and make notes describing him in a mind map. Use the following questions to help you:
1. What does Charlie look like?
2. What does he wear?
3. How does Charlie behave (consider his personality)?
4. What does Charlie enjoy/like?
5. What are his hopes and dreams?
6. Who is in Charlie’s family?
7. What does his home look like?
Here is an example of what your plan might look like.