HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
NEXT WEEK IS HALF TERM SO NO WORK WILL BE SET.
I WILL STILL BE PRESENT ON OUR BLOG AND I HOPE YOU WILL BE TOO.
English: Poetry by Michael Rosen
It's the end of another week and I thought it'd be nice to have a giggle and learn along the way. SO, today we are exploring the work of Michael Rosen.
If you don't know who Michael Rosen is, you will by the end of today! Michael Rosen is a writer and is mostly known for his poems. I first fell in love with Rosen's poetry after watching him perform 'Chocolate Cake', 'Don't' and a teacher favourite, 'No Breathing In Class' . His performances are so captivating and absolutely HILARIOUS!
So, first things first - watch Michael perform his poems.
Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Chocolate Cake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BxQLITdOOc
No Breathing In Class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cfVQyrQ3Q&vl=en-GB
If you want to explore more, head to The World of Michael Rosen https://www.michaelrosen.co.uk/
- Read the interview a Year 6 pupil had with Michael Rosen.
- Answer the test-style questions about the interview. Read each question carefully. If you become stuck on a question, move on to another and come back to it later. Good luck!
Written / Performance Task:
I challenge you to have a go at writing your own version of 'Don't' as it is repetitive in structure which you can follow, but change some of the ideas. If you can't remember how 'Don't' sounds, watch it again.
Open the Don't document in the resources section. On there I have given a few tips.
Please share your poem on our blog!
Complete your Starter Mat for today to get that brain ticking
In today's session, you are going to be multiplying mixed numbers by integers (whole numbers). There are 2 main methods of doing this. The first method is using partitioning, whereas the other method converts the mixed number into an improper fraction. Both videos I'm going to share with you will support your understanding using bar models, just as we have done in class. If you find it helpful to draw a bar model, please do.
- First, follow this link and click on Summer Term - Week 6 (w/c 1st June) > Lesson 2: Multiply mixed numbers by integers https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
- Next, watch this BBC clip to consolidate your learning. Which method do you prefer? https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z76j2sg
- Scroll down the BBC page and complete the 2 activities; one is a worksheet and the other is an interactive game. Make sure you click the arrows at the bottom of the game to change page. Answers are also available on the website.
Main Task: Now you should be familiar with both methods, open the main Maths document in the resources section.
EXTRA CHALLENGE: CODEBREAKER. Have a go if you want to
Wider Curriculum / Foundation Subject: Computing
Login to Espresso Coding and only complete Lesson 4: Ping Pong. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying coding. Keep up the good work!
HAPPY HALF TERM!
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK YOU'VE DONE SO FAR.
I WOULD PLASTER YOU IN STICKERS IF I COULD.
YOU. ARE. AMAZING.
TIME TO RELAX!