Learning at Home
The best way to start any day...
In Reception, we always start each day with a dance session. This gets our energy up and our sillies out. Below are some of our favourites to enjoy at home.
This week, we will be focusing on the story of 'The Little Red Hen.' The Home Learning challenges below will help your child to explore and enjoy this, our final Traditional Tale. Just pick a couple of things which suit you and your child, or take your learning in your own way. Please let us know what you get up to and that you are safe and well on Tapestry.
Home Reading Challenge:
Phonics Home Learning:
Don't forget that you can access reading books online using the link below, to keep practising those reading skills!
Why not play some Phase 4 Phonics games together that will allow you to show off your Phonics Skills?
Username: cookleyphonics Password: Cookley2020
Ideas for Writing that you could do at home:
- Make some bread together and write the recipe
- Write a letter from the Little Red Hen to the animals to explain how they made her feel
- Write a letter from the animals to the Little Red Hen apologising for their actions
- Talk together about your favourite memories from Reception (you could use Tapestry to help you) and write them down, making a memory book or poster
- Write a letter to one of your friends or teachers who you are missing at the moment, whilst we cannot be together
- Have a go at this week's independent writing task (below), which the children would have been completing in school this week
- Complete any of the activities included in the booklet below, which covers Phase 4 Phonics, which your child has just completed in class:
Maths Home Learning:
This week we were going to have a general focus in Maths, practising skills from across the year.
Here are some Maths games you might like to play together to reinforce a range of skills:
Here is the booklet we were going to complete in school. You might like to pick some activities from this pack:
Topic Home Learning:
Here are some Little Red Hen activities you might like to try. You can do as many or as few as you would like:
On Friday, we will be having a class Talent Show, as requested by the children! So, get practising your skills! If the Sun is shining we will do our Talent Show on our outdoor stage so please can you let us know if your child needs a backing track and we will ensure it is downloaded and ready to play through our speakers before the show begins.
Well done Reception. We hope you have a good week! We cannot wait to see you on Friday for a morning at Forest School and an afternoon of Talent Show, games and a class party!