Learning at Home
This week we will be beginning our new topic 'Once Upon a Time.' We are really excited to get started on this creative topic full of language and imagination! The Home Learning challenges below will help your child to embed the learning we have done in school this week and is a really important part of their learning journey. Please let us know how you get on with these tasks on Tapestry.
This week's Reading Challenge:
Phonics Home Learning:
Maths Home Learning:
This week, we will be focusing on the skill of sharing equally and on solving problems which include this skill. We will be sharing food, teddies, bean bags, coins and so much more. We will be ensuring that each share is equal "the same" and developing different ways of sharing e.g. using number bond knowledge, one for you, one for me, measuring etc. There will be lots of solving problems and lots of "proving your answers."
Here are some activities you could do to support this skill:
- Watch this episode of Numberblocks about sharing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006xcw/numberblocks-series-4-the-lair-of-shares
- Explore cutting an apple to share it between different amounts of people. How could we cut it to share it between 2? 3? 4? etc.
- When making dinner, lay out the plates and share out the food
- Buy a treat, some sweets! Put out a bowl for each day of the week and share the sweets equally between them. How many can you have each day to make your treat last the whole week?
- Share out small items into groups e.g. buttons, coins, sequins. You could have a small amount in a bowl and then roll a dice to tell you how many groups to share them out into.
- Show your child something you have already sorted e.g. buttons, pencils, shoes. Is it equal? Why? Why not?
Topic Home Learning:
Below are lots of ideas you could engage with linked to 'Jack and the Beanstalk.' You can do as many or as few as suits you.
Let us know what you get up to on Tapestry. We love to see!