Learning at Home
This week, we will be focusing on the story of 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff.' The Home Learning challenges below will help your child to embed the learning we have done in school this week and is a really important part of their learning journey. Please let us know how you get on with these tasks on Tapestry.
Home Reading Challenge:
Phonics Home Learning:
In Phonics lessons, we will be focusing on handwriting this week and on forming our letters correctly. This will be crucial for when children come to join their letters next year. Below are the letter families we use in class to help us, incase you would like to do some practise at home:
Maths Home Learning:
This week, we will be focusing on understanding the relationship between numbers 0-10. We will be comparing numbers, ordering them and exploring number bonds to 10. Children will be exploring different ways of making ten with two numbers and working on learning these important number facts by heart as they will help with in Maths throughout the rest of their school lives.
Here are some activities you could do to support this skill:
- Watch this episode of Numberblocks about pairs of numbers which make ten: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08q3zx7/numberblocks-series-2-blast-off
- Practise using your fingers to work out which pairs of numbers make 10. "If I have two fingers up, how many are down? So 2 + 8 = 10" Quickfire challenge your child by calling out numbers for them to put up on their fingers.
- Physically make pairs using items in your house e.g. 10 pencils, 10 apples etc. Explore the different ways you can split them into 2. You could try and work systematically e.g. 0+10, 1+9, 2+8 etc
- Listen to this number bonds song and practise each pair:
- Print off or draw your own Number Bond robots:
Topic Home Learning: