Learning at Home
This week, we will be focusing on the story of 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears.' The Home Learning challenges below will help your child to embed the learning we have done in school this week and is a really important part of their learning journey. Please let us know how you get on with these tasks on Tapestry.
Home Reading Challenge:
Phonics Home Learning:
Maths Home Learning:
This week, we will be learning how to count in 5s and 10s. We will be using this knowledge to solve problems and to explain our answers.
Here are some activities you could do to support these skills:
- Watch these episodes of Numberblocks
- 1) https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007gcv/numberblocks-series-4-land-of-the-giants
- 2) https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007lkw/numberblocks-series-4-one-hundred
- Practise counting in 5s and 10s using your fingers. Chant count 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25... 0, 10, 20, 30, 40...
- Explore a 100 square, colouring in numbers in the 5s and 10s. What do you notice? Can you see any patterns? https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/paint-the-squares
Topic Home Learning:
Here are some Goldilocks activities you might like to try. You can do as many or as few as you would like: