Learning at Home
This week, we will be focusing on the story of 'The Three Little Pigs.' The Home Learning challenges below will help your child to embed the learning we have done in school this week and is a really important part of their learning journey. Please let us know how you get on with these tasks on Tapestry.
Home Reading Challenge:
Phonics Home Learning:
Maths Home Learning:
This week, we will be focusing on money. We will be looking at how much different coins are worth, sorting and ordering them, counting out amounts of money, working out if we have enough to pay for different items, working out which coins we can use to pay for an item and setting up our own class shop.
Here are some activities you could do to support these skills:
- Look at coins together. Sort them, order them and count them
- Count out different amounts of money
- Give your child different amounts and ask them to select which coins they could use to pay for that item
- Set up a shop role play. You could choose a toy shop or a supermarket and put labels on your tins or teddies. Take turns to buy and sell to each other
- Make a shopping list together and talk about how much different things cost. When you get back from the supermarket go through the receipt together and look at how much each thing cost and what the total was
- Play these money-themed games:
Topic Home Learning:
Here are some Three Little Pigs activities you might like to try. You can do as many or as few as you would like:
Let us know what you get up to on Tapestry. We love to see!