This week we are focusing on shapes!
To help your child to recognise and name shapes you can:
- go on shape hunts and see what you can find. Pick a particular one and find as many as you can. Share the pictures on Tapestry!
- describe a shape and see if your child knows which shape you are talking about.
- try to think of or find regular every day objects which are certain shapes. See what you can find around the home or in the garden!
- draw a shape and then fill it in with smaller versions of the shape to use as a poster in their room or on the fridge.
- draw a shape outline and ask your child to colour it in.
- focus on a different shape a day to reinforce the shape.