The staff in Nursery have worked very hard to encourage your children to be independent and confident in the physical development of their self-care.
Here are some of the things they are encouraged to do in Nursery which you could continue to develop at home:
- Putting on and taking off their coat (we use the batman hood method!).
- Zipping up their coats or fastening the poppers.
- Putting on their shoes and fastening the Velcro.
- Pouring small drinks into cups.
- Putting their cups away when they are finished.
- Peeling their own fruit (sometimes they need starting off).
- Eating their fruit whole e.g. biting apples and pears.
- Climbing up onto the toilet with a step and washing their own hands to the wash your hands song.