Spring Term 2021
Hello Year 5!
To support your home learning, I will be updating this page every week with set work for you to do, including links to resources. Although many resources you have access to, like Mathletics, are fully online, others you can either print or simply write your answers down on paper with the question number in the margin.
A few things to note:
- Following government guidelines, you are expected to complete 3 hours of home learning per day. If you complete the set tasks earlier, there are a variety of educational online resources for you to access, e.g. TT Rockstars, Reading Buddy.
- Each day I will be setting some reading, writing, maths and activities for one other subject.
- I do not expect you to sit for 3 hours solidly - you would not do this at school. You could either try to stick to school timings e.g. Maths from 9.15am-10.15am then have a break, or work flexibly throughout the day. Do whatever is best for you and your family.
- Staff will be checking work is completed and submitted via the class email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If work is not completed, parents will be called or emailed.
- Please try to send all work in one email per day or else monitoring emails will become difficult and we don't want to miss anything.
- The Year 5 team will be giving you feedback each week. We are still teaching children in school and planning, resourcing, videoing and uploading home learning activities throughout the week, so please bear with us. We have had very little time to prepare for this lockdown and I am sure as the weeks progress we all will get into more of a routine.