How is it Wednesday already?
Well done for logging on Did you change your hair?
Over the next few weeks, I will be setting work based on THE VIKINGS as much as I can. Where possible,I will try to link our English to this topic.
Introduction to the Vikings:
Follow this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/ztyr9j6/articles/zjcxwty . Read through the information and watch the videos to gain some background knowledge about the Vikings.
Reading / written task:
Log on to Reading Buddy and search for the book 'The Raiders' by Carmel Reilly.
Open the English document in the resources section at the bottom of this page. Follow the instructions.
Carrying on with multiplication. Open the document at the bottom of the page.
Wider Curriculum / Foundation Subject: TOPIC
Research Viking longboats (also known as longships).
Questions to consider:
- When were longboats invented / made?
- What are the main parts of a longboat? Size? Dimensions? Materials needed? (You may want to answer this via a labelled diagram)
- How many people could fit on a longboat?
- What made longboats different to other boats / ships?
- Why were they so important to the Vikings?
This could be presented as a powerpoint, poster, booklet, etc. - it's up to you.
This video is a good place to start your research: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/viking-ships/znxn382 . Take notes