Week Three 20.9.21 The Family Book
From next week until half term, children can come to school on Tuesday in their outdoor clothes for Forest School (long sleeved top, full length trousers, trainers and jackets as needed). They need to bring their waterproofs and wellies with them on this day in a large Bag for Life.
For PE, which is on Wednesdays, children should still come into school in their uniforms and bring their PE kits with them to change into in class. They will then go home in their PE kits.
We had a great week last week, exploring the text 'I Like Myself' and we are really proud of how well the children are adjusting to life in Reception with it's new routines. Well done everybody!
In class this week, we will be:
- Reading lots of stories about different kinds of families
- Talking about how our family should make us feel and what to do if we don't feel safe
- Creating family portraits using different media including pasta, loose parts, pencil, crayon, paint, chalk, shadows etc.
- Organising a day out for our families in the Home Corner, using maps and tourism leaflets
- Making up our own stories about families
- Finding out what happens to our fruit from snack time if we do not eat it (decay)
- Exploring the fruit, vegetables and sunflowers we grew in our vegetable patch this year (cutting, mashing and deseeding etc)
- In Phonics, we will be focusing on blending and segmenting skills e.g. listening to the sounds 'c-a-t' and knowing it makes 'cat' and hearing the word 'dog' and being able to break it down into 'd-o-g.'
- Continuing to practise our Good Listening Skills using lots of fun games.
- In Maths, we will be focusing on comparing amounts, size, mass and capacity, using words like more, fewer, fit, compare
- Exploring the movement of animals in Dance (PE)
- Continuing to think about how babies are welcomed into Christianity in RE
- Having lots of fun, doing lots of talking and continuing to develop our friendships!