In 1620 Sebright Grammar School was founded as a result of an endowment given by William Sebright, a Town Clerk of London. His family had lived in the district for some 400 years. In his will of 1618, he bequeathed lands in Bethnal Green London for the setting up of "The Sebright Trust". From around 1818 William Sebright's money was used to educate the poorer pupils of the parish rather than the sons of the well off.
The present school at Cookley dates from 1849 when a church, with an infant’s school adjoining, was built for 150 scholars.
An elementary school was erected for older pupils in 1867 on the land adjoining and the management of it was entrusted to the Vicar.
Cookley Church Mixed School came under state control on May 1st 1877. Additional classes were built in the 1960's to cater for the 5 to 11 year age group. During the 1970's the school became Cookley Sebright Endowed First School and took children from age 5 - 9.
In 1999, the 150th Anniversary of the school, a morning nursery unit was created in the original Victorian schoolroom.
On 1st September 2007, with reorganisation of schools within Wyre Forest we became Cookley Sebright Primary school and in 2014 opened our current wonderful new school buildings, which incorporated the original Victorian school.